Please sign in to post.

Spain to Prague

My husband and I are US citizens, fully vaccinated. We have a trip planned to Europe in September. We arrive in Bilbao on September 12, 2021. We have a covid test scheduled for September 14, 2021 in Bilbao.
However, we are scheduled to take a flight from Bilbao to Czech Republic on September 15, 2021. We will only be in Prague until September 19, 2021.
Now that Spain is considered a high risk country for covid, I am reading we will need to quarantine for 5 days and test 2 times while there.
Has anyone had this situation? Just wondering if it’s worth going.

Posted by
2117 posts

It is very difficult to predict the situation in September, but a good rule of thumb is to only pick one country to visit, these days, due to the unpredictable border restrictions!
Is there any way you can rearrange the trip?

Posted by
19 posts

Thanks for the reply. Yes we can rearrange and go to Barcelona instead since it’s still Spain. You are right, September is a ways away, so We will make the decision in August.

Posted by
203 posts

Spain is currently "Very High Risk". If everything stays the same as it is now then by the letter of the law in Czech you would not even be allowed to get on the plane from Bilbao unless you can show good reason for travelling i.e. not tourism. Even if you made it to Prague, because you are Non-EU with no EU Vaccine exemption you go straight to quarantine so even your hotel booking can be cancelled. Then you should take another PCR on the 5th day after arrival but as you plan to be gone after only 4 days then your aim will be to get the necessary testing done in Prague before departure. And guess what the first question is? Where have you been in the last 14 days? I can just see the answer "Very High Risk" followed by alarm bells and flashing lights. But what the hell, it's all down to enforcement of the rules and right now I don't see much enforcing going on here.

Posted by
19 posts

Yeah, I am now changing my plans to go to Prague first, France, then Spain last since my flight is out of Madrid. I agree with you Jason. Who knows what’s going to happen in September, but I think I have a better chance of going from the US straight to the Czech Republic.