Please sign in to post.

Slav Epic Location March 2017

I'm returning to Prague in March 2017 with a friend and I would like to take her to see the Slav Epic. When I was in Prague in 2013 it was Housed in the National Gallery in Veletrzni Palace. I've looked online recently and their website says the Slav Epic was housed there from May 5, 2012 to December 31, 2016 but makes no indication of where it would be beginning January 1, 2017.
Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone know where it will be in spring 2017?

Posted by
356 posts

It's gone. There were huge crowds outside the Veletrzni Palace on New Years Eve as people surged there in a last minute rush to see it. I recommend you visit the Basilica of SS. Peter and Paul in Vysehrad instead. The frescos are in the Mucha school.

Posted by
993 posts

Yes we saw it on December 29, just before it left for Asia! I was wondering how they move those gigantic paintings... I would love to have watched the pack up process.

Kim

Posted by
7033 posts

Thanks for posting that link Unclegus, that is a very interesting article.

Posted by
2639 posts

Tracy there is the Much a museum in Prague, make sure you don't miss that, great shop there too

Posted by
1 posts

Does anyone have an update? Where is it now? One of the articles said it was coming to N America. Thanks

Posted by
2639 posts

as far as I am aware it is in japan and then may be going to china, it takes several months to pack up the exhibition ,transport it and then re hang all the paintings. when I saw the Epic there was a video about how they pack transport and set up the exhibition,If it does come to north America it may be some time yet.