Please sign in to post.
Posted by
2252 posts

Yes, rest in peace Nicholas and you are mourned, indeed. There are few like him in the world today.

Posted by
2261 posts

We saw the film "Nicky's Family" a couple years ago, just an incredible story. This man defined humble. Saved 669 kids and it is estimated that they have more than 6,000 descendants because of it.

Posted by
2026 posts

I read of his passing today and thought, This is the real definition of a true hero. May he rest in peace, and be an inspiration to us all.

Posted by
4140 posts

The most important thing that this website does is increase our understanding of our world - past , present and future . When we left Prague on a recent trip to Central Europe , we noticed a statue on the platform at the railway station . A post from my friend James ( who regularly posts in the Hungary thread ) told us who he was . That is what made me aware of who Sir Nicholas Winton was . Thank you , James !

Posted by
3752 posts

A wonderful article. I had tears running down my face by the time I got to the photo of Sir Nicholas Winton with the woman--one of hundreds--whom he had saved as a child. What a truly great man he was.

He didn't even tell anyone of his heroic deeds until his wife found his scrapbook. What a humble and brave man! I am stunned that I have never heard of his story before.

What a truly good and great man he was! Rest in peace, Sir Winton.

Posted by
989 posts

The documentary about the Kindertransport, Nicky's Family, is available on Netflix streaming. For anyone who has a heart, this is a must-see.