Please sign in to post.

Public transportation in Prague

Rules for seniors over 70. Thanks

Posted by
2639 posts

just make sure you have your passport with and you can travel free within the main city area on buses ,trams and metro.Unless you are an EU citizen with and Identity card no other document other than your passport will do.copies are no good , must be your passport.
https://pid.cz/en/discounts/#senior-70

Posted by
509 posts

UncleGus nailed it, as usual. I would only add -- probably unnecessarily -- that as fellow-seniors we had no trouble using Prague's excellent public transportation system. It enabled us to save some money staying in an AirBnB in the Smichov/Andel neighborhood and still enjoy speedy and comfortable transit to the more touristy zones.

Posted by
2639 posts

I will be in Prague in less than 2 weeks tiem, travelling with a friend from Kansas city who is 72 next month, we have both been in Prague several times since he was 70 and checked with the transport desk at the airport airport to the exact rules and the info on the website confirmed what they said.
I am 64 in March and have a PID card that gives me discounted travel (130kc for a month) but since getting that card about 3 years ago I have never been asked to show it.

Posted by
863 posts

Escalators at metro stations can be bit scary as they are steep and fast moving. Just keep your eyes on the person in front and don’t look down. But you’ll get the hang of it. I did a week in Prague with a walking stick due to a knee injury and managed fine. The newer looking teams are easier to get onto compared with the older ones and find a seat fast as they take off quickly.