Please sign in to post.

Prague to krakow

I read in the RS Eastern Europe about taking an overnight train from Prague to
Kraków in the first week of May. I can't find one online. Does it still exist? I am too early to book?
Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers

Posted by
16893 posts

Yes, it departs at 22:00. How to Look Up Train Schedules and Routes Online gives you the DB train schedule link and tips for using it. Easiest plan would be to buy this ticket upon arrival in Europe at a train station or travel agency. Rail Europe is the main US ticket agent, but they don't currently have that ticket for sale and I'm pretty sure that Capitaine Train also did not have it when I looked last week.

Posted by
552 posts

From Prague to Krakow, then Budapest to Split, all in the same week? How far along are you in your planning, Bob?

Posted by
552 posts

Maybe I should also ask, how much time have you allotted for Croatia and Slovenia?

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks for interest
We are 8 days to cover Prague/Kraków/Budapest
We managed to get a good flight from Budapest to Split. Then 3-4 days in Split and surrounding area. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Posted by
1 posts

Hi, Bob! Last year I took the overnight train from Prague to Kraków. It is a great way to travel between the two cities! Just be sure that you get the reservation as well as the actual ticket. I had that trouble last year, as I had only purchased the reservation, but was able to buy the ticket on board. At the train station, just make sure you have all of your tickets in order. Safe and fun travels to you!