Please sign in to post.

Prague Restaurants

Looking for recent recommendations for restaurants in Prague We ate (me & hubby) at Cafe Louvre, good value, chicken was tender. Just ate at Kavarna Obencni Dum at the Municpal House, beautiful cafe but the food was dull. I was craving some salad, it was blah, just hunks of peppers, tomatoes & cucumbers. Also tried Restaurace u Betlemske Kaple, was served dry chicken cutlet on a bed of mixed vegetables that resembled those bags of frozen mixed vegetables you get at the supermarket. All 3 were RS recommendations, I think RS guide book needs some updating.

Posted by
100 posts

My husband and I took the RS Eastern Europe trip last September, and we arrived in Prague a couple of days early, so we had a few dinners there. We don't tend to choose fancy places, but we had several enjoyable meals. Lokal, a RS recommended restaurant, was good. I had chicken schnitzel and potato salad which was tasty and filling. We enjoy visiting breweries, so the next day we had a late lunch/early dinner at Pivovar Narodni in the New Town. We ate in their garden, and this was one of my favorite meals! Pork bites, potato dumplings and sauerkraut! Our group dinner was at Pork's, and it was good, but perhaps it's harder to judge by the group dinners on a tour. On our last day in Prague, we walked out to Strahov Monastery and ate at the Biergarten there. (The libraries are worth a visit, too!) That was a very delicious meal, and a nice change from the heavy Slavic food. I had delicious roasted chicken and gnocchi in red pepper sauce. I hope that you find some good restaurants!

Posted by
22 posts

I just returned. Try Sisters Bistro for open faced sandwiches and desserts and next door is Nase Maso for burger and pastrami sandwich. Try Mincovna for dinner (make a reservation)...get the pickled cheese appetizer. Try Spejle for Czech tapas. Try Cafe Louvre for chicken paprikash. Cafe Platyz for excellent strudel. Ichnusa Botega Bistro is a Sicilian restaurant....really good food....need a reservation; small restaurant. I agree, Rick's book needs updating.....most of these restaurants I found from a food tour and friend recommendations.

Posted by
25 posts

Thanks. We went to Stridacka, recommended by the “Honest Guide” on youtube. Had a very, very good burger. Sorry I didn’t get to use your suggestions, left Prague several days ago. Moved onto Cesky Krumlov, St. Wolfgang & Salzburg. Next stop, Selcuk, Turkey, near Ephesus. Guess it will be no more ham, sausage, weiner schnitzel or strudel for a while.