Please sign in to post.

Prague in Winter

Hi everyone! I'll be traveling to Amsterdam (and then on to Brussels, Prague, and Budapest) in mid-March 2017 and I wanted to ask if anyone knows what the weather will be like in those areas in Mid-March. I am mostly concerned about whether or not snow storms are a concern since I will be traveling between cities mostly by plane. I wanted to see if flight delays or cancellations are the norm during that time of year or if the winter is pretty mild by that point. I'd hate to have flight delays/cancellations ruin my trip! In which case, I'd plan to travel only by train and stay in closer regions.

Also, I know these cities are very pedestrian-oriented, so if anyone has advice for visiting them in the colder months, I would appreciate any! Thanks!

Posted by
4637 posts

I saw Prague in mid March very spring like and in other years more like in mid winter. It all depends on your luck. Nevertheless I think that your chances are higher for spring like weather because of global warming.

Posted by
2636 posts

I have been in Prague in early/mid March and it has snowed but didn't last too long and caused no problems apart from some really slushy stuff falling off a roof and down the back of my neck. all the tourist areas were very quickly cleared of snow and I certainly had no problems