Please sign in to post.

Prague Hotel

My wife, 18 year old son and 23 year old daughter and I will be in Prague for several days at the beginning of June. We are looking for a decent hotel near the old town. We prefer an older hotel as opposed to something modern or a pension. My son and I were there once before and stayed at Hotel Medvidku which was nice, but we had a difficult time communication with the desk. E-mails I sent weeks before we arrived went unanswered.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted by
222 posts

We were there in 2013 and stayed at Hotel Hastal. It is a short walk to the waterfront and the Old Town Square. We booked it by email and at that time had no problems with the booking or during our stay.

Posted by
2091 posts

Joseph, do you have Rick's ninth edition "Prague & the Czech Republic" guide book? He has several places noted there but our favorite is the Green Garland. There's quite a flight of stairs just to get to the hotel though and then more to get up to the rooms so you need to be able to climb stairs with your bags. We've stayed there twice and hope to again in September.

Posted by
3777 posts

We also stayed at Hotel Hastal based on Rick's recommendation. We also booked by email. It was a short walk to old town, lovely old family run hotel with a decent breakfast and outside space for sitting. As a bonus, it is a few feet away from a Rick recommended restaurant Lokal. We ended up eating there twice during our stay.

Posted by
2455 posts

Joseph, several years ago I, like Darcy, enjoyed the Green Garland Inn, which is a B & B. My room was spacious and comfortable, the price was affordable, under US$100 at the time, as I remember. The location was terrific, a short walk to both the Town Square and Charles Bridge. Yes, there are stairs involved.

Posted by
672 posts

In 2015, we stayed at Hotel Residence Agnes (Haštalská 19, Prague 1). The staff were very friendly and helpful, and all spoke excellent English. In addition, they provided free pick up from the train station and also within the city ("Where do you need to go this morning?" they would ask, and a car would be waiting outside). The boutique hotel was very comfortable, the breakfast excellent, and the location within walking distance to the Old Town. We will definitely stay there again when we return to Prague.

Posted by
166 posts

Joseph,

I just stayed at the Hotel Kings Court adjacent to Republic Square in July. Everything is top notch! Food, location, service etc. Although pricey, was worth every penny especially if you book an Executive Room with the extra perks. For the best steak in Prague, I'd suggest Gran Fiero. Amazing !

http://www.hotelkingscourt.cz/default-en.html

Personally, Hotel Kings Court would always be my 1st choice now. Exception breakfast buffet and facilities as well.

Have a blast !

Posted by
2598 posts

I stayed at the Iron Gate Hotel on Michalska, just off the main square. Beautiful old building, enormous and comfortable room, helpful front desk and I was upgraded to a junior suite. Excellent breakfast included. I'd definitely stay there again.

Posted by
786 posts

I also recommend Hotel Residence Agnes. Our 5 night stay there last year was perfect, because they have mastered the art of customer service. From the time you make your reservation until you check out of the hotel the staff does everything possible to ensure you have a memorable stay. When they discovered that we were planning to tour the castle, Frank drove us there and pointed out a variety of things along the way. The same thing occurred when we had dinner reservations at a place that was a little bit further of a walk from the hotel. We loved the fact that when you return to the hotel, you have the opportunity to sit and chat with the other travelers, while enjoying a complimentary beverage. It's a great opportunity to interact with people from around the world, which in my opinion is a definite plus when traveling. We requested and were given a room on the top floor, because they are a bit quieter due to how the hotel is designed. However, I'm sure that the other rooms would have been great as well. Residence Agnes will always be our place to stay when in Prague!