Please sign in to post.

Prague Castle Tickets

I was on the official website just now, looking to buy tickets, thinking this would require a timed entry, etc. There was no mention of timed entry. After looking around the site, I came back to the tab to buy tickets. I scrolled down a bit first and saw an announcement that since Nov 1 tickets are free for those over 70. You buy them at the castle with proof of age.

We were planning to go early in the day (mid April), so think there may not be much of a line. Does that seem reasonable? Tickets are only $6 for over 65. I don't know if you automatically get them for free on line if your over 70, but I'm guessing maybe not.

Has anyone been recently and can speculate on the line situaution? I would pay $6 x 2 to avoid the line, if anyone thinks this is necessary.

Posted by
407 posts

That's correct. if you are aged 70 or over and carrying your National ID documentation or Passport then you present this to the Castle ticket office and they give you a ticket which will give you access to ST Vitus, Old Royal Palace, ST George Basilica, Golden Lane plus the Story of Prague Exhibition and the Prague Picture Gallery. You cannot do this online. This is not a method to skip queues as you still need to queue for the ticket office although building queues are short if any. You still need to pay for an audioguide etc and the Great Tower.