Please sign in to post.

Prague Castle

We want to have a guided tour of the Prague castle, basilica and cathedral. What is the best way to do it? Any recommendations?

Posted by
39 posts

Check out The Naked Tour Guide at www.nakedtourguideprague.com. We did a morning breakfast tour with him. It was excellent. I know he does an evening Prague Castle tour. Enjoy Prague! What a great city.

Posted by
2639 posts

Viator are just resellers and do not actually run any tours.
the aformentioned Naked tours are a good company and run small group tours.
https://www.livingpraguetours.com/
this company also does small group tours but only covers some of the castle are but they also do private tours so worth asking them .

Posted by
356 posts

The best way to experience Prague Castle is at night. We (Naked Tour Guide) run at tour at 8.15pm because it is the best time to go there. If the best time to go there was two in the afternoon, then I would run a tour at 2pm.

The best time to experience the interior is at 7am, when it opens for mass. You get to see the building being used for its intended purpose, without the detrimental effects of 1.7 million tourists.

Posted by
238 posts

I booked a one hour tour for my wife and I when we visit in September - it is through the Dept of Tourism within the Prague Castle Administration. It includes St Vitus Cathedral and the Old Royal Palace - the rest of the buildings and exhibitions we are on our own. I believe Jason from the LivingPrague.com site recommended it.