Please sign in to post.

Prague

I. Have only 2days in Prague what should I see?

Posted by
1576 posts

cpapet - For 2 days, visit Prague old town and all the famous attractions. Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, Treasures of St Vitus Cathedral, take a Cruise on the Vltava river, attend a classical concert in the evening, climb 299 Steps to Petrin Hill, and go to a pub and drink the best beer in Europe. Be sure to say na zdraví as you drink it. The locals always say that before drinking to toast.

Posted by
356 posts

It depends on the time of year, and which part of the city you're staying in.

If you're here September to June, then I would definitely recommend an evening at the opera. The Letna Beer Garden is a summertime institution in Prague. Petřin Hill and Kinsky Gardens are quite nice on a sunny day, as are the paddle boats on the river. I would skip St. Vitus Cathedral, but I would go to St. Nicholas in Malá Strana instead. Prague Castle is unpleasantly crowded during the day, but it is very pleasant at night. The newly-renovated National Museum at the top of Wenceslaus Square is absolutely stunning.

You'll find plenty of things to fill your time with, and you'll soon find that two days isn't enough!

Posted by
2922 posts

Make sure you experience the Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Jewish Quarter and St. Vitus Cathedral. I would spend day one in the old town and day two in the Castle Quarter.

Posted by
1189 posts

Hi from Wisconsin,
Early morning visit to Charles Bridge and Old Town Square. If you wait till after 10AM, you will be one in a swarm of thousands. Get there at sun rise...really. You can nap later in the day when the crowds are high to make up for the early start.

wayne iNWI