Please sign in to post.

prague

I plan for a two day trip to prague. I currently have a reservation at the hotel residence select. On Booking.com, they report how far the hotel is from the center, however, I d like to know how far from the main train station. I prefer to walk train to hotel. Other suggestions for hotels in prague near main train station?

Posted by
5687 posts

Gary, go to Google Maps and find the hotel (any hotel) in Prague on the map. Then ask for walking directions to the train station. This is usually how I figure how where places are and how far hotels are from bus and train stations.

Posted by
11294 posts

The area that is an easy walk from the train station in Prague, would not be my preferred area to stay in. It's not really close to any sights, and isn't particularly nice itself.

With only two days, just pick a nice hotel, and if you don't want to use public transit between the train station and the hotel, call for a taxi (Rick Steves and others all say you should not get into a taxi at the taxi rank at the train station, but instead call for one, so you get a fair price instead of a ripoff).

Posted by
2639 posts

decent enough area but is busy with traffic, train station walkable but 1 stop on the metro takes you to IP Pavlova and an even shorter walk from there. Also at IP Pavlova are several trams that will get you too and from the centre quickly and easily.
there is a Exe City Park Hotel right opposite the train station, I have stayed in it when it was known as the Chopin but that was several years ago.

Posted by
27192 posts

There's construction going on south of the train station. Going in that direction is awkward with a rolling bag. (That's a general comment; I don't know that your proposed hotel is in that direction.)