Please sign in to post.

prague

I am searching for how to reach prague. I have been researching Flixbus. However, the schedule would seem to favor early am travel. Has anyone actually used the flixbus from Germany to Prague. From Regensburg to Pilzen seems even more difficult. Any help would be appreciated. thx

Posted by
5508 posts

Curious why you are thinking about a bus. Not a criticism in the least, I just was wondering. The only assistance I can provide is that I took a train from Budapest to get to Prague and then a train to get from Prague to Munich. I do recall that in some cases I was told that in the Czech Republic sometimes bus travel was more efficient. At the time, both the Hungarian and Czech train websites were a little difficult to navigate but I figured it out.

Posted by
15560 posts

Friends of mine used Regiobus from Berlin to Dresden and then again into Czechia and raved about the quality of the bus. I took Flixbus from Warsaw to Budapest and it was a lot less than standard tourist level.

Posted by
210 posts

At this time, planning to go to Prague and /or Pilzen from Munich. It appears that Regensburg is a good jumping off point. I have been reading that the train is less efficient than the bus. I Would gladly take the train, if it is reasonable and efficient. Need to get a better handle on the bayern-boehern (Sp sp?) ticket. Ideally, leave Munich. Get to Regensburg...on to Prague (2 nts) then Pilzen on the return for 1 nt. then back to Germany.

Posted by
1 posts

I don't know if you already left on your trip but I took Flixbus from Dresden to Prague a couple of weeks ago. I was happy with it for a few reasons. It had WiFi, there was an electrical outlet for my phone and it was cheaper than the train. There were three of us so the cost savings added up. You will need to load and unload your own suitcases in the storage compartment under the bus. There are no assigned seats. First come, first served. There were plenty of seats available.

I would recommend that you download the app to your phone so you can add the tickets to your phone wallet and then show the driver the tickets with your passport when you get on the bus. You might want to choose which station in Prague is best for your schedule. I had to choose between UAN Florenc and the Main Railway Station. The UAN Florenc station had more Dresden departure times when I went on my trip. So I arrived at that station and then took a taxi to the hotel in the city center.

Also, I found info about travel from Regensburg to Pilzen at https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Regensburg/Pilsen.
Munich to Prague: https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Munich/Prague
Regensburg to Prague: https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Regensburg/Prague

I hope this helps a little but. If you have more questions about it, let me know. :)

Posted by
14482 posts

Not really a direct answer to your question...a couple of years ago I took the direct train from Germany to Prague, which was planned as a day trip. The train left from Dresden Hbf and went to Praha hl n.

Posted by
210 posts

thanks to all. Planning travel Munich to Prague. Bus appears to be most efficient and cost effective. I think I would enjoy the countryside view enroute.

Posted by
19653 posts

You can get to Pilzn on the train from Munich (or Regensburg) with a Bayern-Boehmen Ticket for 28 EUR for 1. It is 4 hours from Munich on direct train or 2 1/2 hours from Regensburg. For Pilzn to Prague, buy a local ticket for cheap.