Please sign in to post.

Overnight Train Travel

I am planning a trip in September where overnight travel is recommended to save precious sightseeing time. I am traveling from Prague to Krakow. I am not sure how far in advance I can book sleeping accommodations for the train. It's important that I get the train travel right since it will effect my hotel reservations if not booked correctly......I might end up without a hotel room for a night if I can't take the overnight train. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would really love some advise on this. Thanks!

Posted by
16893 posts

This night train is scheduled to run at least through the annual schedule change on Dec. 8/9, barring any unforeseen emergencies. A direct daytime train also runs through the end of September (7 hours). While some types of sleeping accommodations could fill up by the day the train departs, it sounds like you'll be prepared to reserve a month or two ahead and should have no trouble getting a spot.

Posted by
44 posts

Polrail Service is also a good source for tickets if you are traveling to/from Poland.

The night train on the Krakow-Prague route has various types of accommodation:

*2nd class seats
*couchettes with 4 and 6 beds
*sleeping cars with 1-, 2- and 3-person standard compartments, as well as Delux compartments (1- and 2-person) with a private WC and shower.

Booking is available up to 60 days before travel.