Please sign in to post.

Mucha's Slav Epic - Reopening August 1, 2015

Structural problems solved and this wonderful exhibit is reopening today.

Sweet!

Posted by
2639 posts

great news , hoping to go and see it again when I visit in October

Posted by
2602 posts

I'm so disappointed I missed this when I was there in May, but the rest of the museum was full of wonderful art and more than made up for it.

Posted by
3 posts

We went to the Mucha Museum on Saturday the 1st and the woman at the desk said the Slav Epic was still closed. If we would have known it was open we would have gone there instead.

Posted by
2639 posts

worth going to both the Slav Epic and the Mucha Museum. really good bar just up the street from the Mucha Museum Bredvosky Dvur, real traditional Czech Hospoda, good food and great beer.

Posted by
2639 posts

went to see the Slav Epic last week,it is quite stunning and well worth going to see.It cost 200kc just for the Slav Epic exhibition and 240kc for the whole of the galllery.Some fantastic stuff but i could not spare the time i really needed to do this place justice as i had spent too much time admiring the Slav Epic.
There is also a video at the far end of the exhibition about the setting up of the exhibition and that was really interesting,in Czech but with English subtitles.
I can highly recommend a visit.

Posted by
8050 posts

We spent an afternoon there on our recent trip as well. Hardly a soul in the place and just a fabulous exhibit. It was our favorite thing on our trip to Prague.