Please sign in to post.

Luggage restrictions

Can someone please confirm the luggage restriction on public transport.

I have a carry on size and a large suitcase. Could I take both on public transport and just get a ticket for my large suitcase, or is it one luggage per person only?

This page seems to say one suitcase per person
https://pid.cz/en/tickets-and-fare/

Posted by
1069 posts

You can have more than one bag. Depending on the size, you might need to pay 20 CZK.

FROM THE LINK YOU GAVE:
Luggage

Luggage not larger than 25×45×70 cm travels for free, except on trains.
Transporting luggage larger than 25×45×70 cm costs 20 CZK, unless when travelling with a ticket that is valid for at least 24 hours, then this luggage is free as well.

Posted by
241 posts

Yes but it also says this

You can carry one piece of luggage (not on trains though) which would cost 20 CZK.

which is what led to my question. This suggests 1 piece only, but the bit you referred to suggests can be more. So which is it?

Posted by
434 posts

Excellent and accurate post by AussieNomad and if you bring a snowboard with you that's free to transport as well. Clearly a winter sports fan made up these rules! Just note that if you are 65 or over and carrying your passport you personally get free public transport but you still have to pay for the large luggage.

Posted by
1069 posts

Just note that if you are 65 or over and carrying your passport you personally get free public transport but you still have to pay for the large luggage.

My 74 year old husband was delighted to be treated to free public transport. The 20 CZK ticket we bought for his luggage was interchangeably for a suitcase or a dog.

Posted by
3 posts

One of the public site (PID) said that senior citizens can ride free providing that they have an EU ID, or to an 'pass' issued by PID. Here is the comments from the website -

'SENIOR FROM 65 YEARS
Prague – travel for free
Seniors from 65 years of age travel in the area of Prague for free, if they are able to prove their age:

National identity card issued by a European Union country [ This proof cannot be used on trains.]
Passport [ This proof cannot be used on trains.]
A chip card registered in the PID Lítačka system with an application proving the age
A PID pass for Seniors from 65 years
If a senior cannot prove eligibility (age) by one of the above methods, they must purchase a full-price ticket.

https://pid.cz/en/discounts/#pid-pass