Please sign in to post.

Laundry in Prague

Hello, all,

I have the most recent RS Prague & The Czech Republic book and have found two laundry options for Prague. I will be in Prague from Monday - Saturday, but am switching accommodations to meet up with/stay with family on Wednesday after they arrive at the airport (flight lands at noon). The accommodations are across town from one another, near as I can tell. I will be at the Courtyard Marriott since I have points there until I stay with them in an AirBnB not far from the Old Town Square. As I will be about 10 days in at this point, I will need to do some laundry. I'm planning to do sink laundry before that, but prefer washer/dryer for nicer clothes like jeans.

My options, I think, are:

1. Check out and take all belongings to Prague Andy's Laundromat. Do a load of laundry, then pack everything up and drop it off at the AirBnB (there is luggage drop for early check-in, but need to find out if I can drop since my aunt booked it, not me). Grab breakfast/coffee/explore Old Town until their arrival.
  2. Take laundry to the service at Karoliny Svetle 11 in Old Town and breakfast/coffee/explore Old Town until it is done, then meet family. It seems this won't cost much more, but I'm not sure what I'd do with my luggage, unless I drop it off early, pick it up, go back across town to Marriott, then back into Old Town.

As of now, nobody in our party will have cell service, so will banking on a meeting point and time to come together. I'm thinking Option 1 is best, but would love any insight or suggestions!

Posted by
2636 posts

you could take the luggage you don't need to the train station and leave it in the lockers there ,80kc last time I used them or take it to the Left luggage at the train station for much the same price,then head to the laundry which will leave you hands free whilst it is being done.
Andy's laundry is not to far from the train station

Posted by
470 posts

We were just at Prague Andy's this week and can highly recommend it. The machines are very clean, "Andy" is very helpful in showing you how everything works and the process is very efficient. 30 minutes to wash, 35 minutes to dry. You can select your temperature setting both for water in the washing machine as well as the dryer. Andy will provide you soap for a small fee. We actually ended up doing three loads using the small dryers (they have a larger size) because we wanted to sort colors/fabrics/temperatures etc. Even at that it only cost about $20 Euro. To get to the laundromat we just threw our dirty laundry into one of our roller bags. From our hotel the most efficient way was to take the metro to the Namesti Miru stop. From there it is just a couple of short blocks to get to the laundry. If an Old Town laundry is in a better location for you why not just pick up coffee/pastry and sit at the laundry relaxing with your luggage while your clothes wash?
Just my opinion, but you might want to reconsider the cell phone issue. I can imagine it will be very challenging to coordinate a group trip without being able to contact each other. Imagine what would happen if there was an emergency while you were separated from each other.

Posted by
162 posts

When I'm in Prague, I use MM laundry just off Wenceslas Square. Drop off, pick up. Takes around 3 hours and they charge roughly $10 American per load.

Posted by
69 posts

Thank you all! I think both options will work and will probably play it by ear, depending on how I'm feeling.

I'll be taking an extra tote bag with me in my suitcase, as I always do for the extra space coming home, and am thinking I could potentially take my laundry in that to a drop-off service that opens at 7:30am, then catch the Naked Tour Guide Early Morning Tour w/ Breakfast. That tour ends at Cafe Louvre, which is about a 5 minute walk to the laundromat. I could pick it up, head back to the hotel and repack everything, then go meet family. Or, if I'm needing a break, I'll have a coffee and relax at Andy's. It is good to know that it takes only a little over an hour at Andy's, as I wasn't sure how the timing would be!

Thank you for your thoughts and input!