Please sign in to post.

Itinerary

Can someone let me know if this looks okay? Planning a trip with my 7 year old daughter for a long spring break.

Prague 4 nights
Munich 2 nights
Salzburg 1 night
Vienna 3 nights
Budapest 4 nights

We will be doing an open jaw flying into Prague and out of Budapest.

Posted by
1439 posts

The cities you’ve chosen are major cities ( 3 capitals) and have plenty to see and do. To decompress from the cities, you might also check out Berchtesgaden National Park just outside Salzburg. Berchtesgaden can be reached by public bus #840 from Salzburg. From the town of Berchtesgaden, another bus will take you into the National Park.
Have a great trip!

Posted by
4769 posts

I would skip Munich and spend those nights in Salzburg.
Five cities in fourteen days is too much. Salzburg is magical.
Where will you be for Easter? Prague has great Easter markets and festivities. Easter Monday will be very crowded just about everywhere, as folks are off work and out of school.
Have a wonderful trip.

Posted by
11175 posts

Salzburg has the least time! Take a night from Prague, and another from Budapest and give them to Salzburg which a seven yr old would enjoy more.

Posted by
8159 posts

The train schedules work better if you visit the cities this order:
Munich 2 nights
Salzburg 1 night
Budapest 4 nights
Vienna 3 nights
Prague 4 nights

If you're looking for accommodations, PM me. I have know of places in Budapest and Vienna that are excellent. I'm jealous as these are some of my favorite, lively cities.

Posted by
15 posts

Thank you! Do you agree with the others that more time in Salzburg is needed? Should I scratch Munich?

Posted by
17998 posts

Prague 3 nights, then fly to Budapest. Faster and easier and now all your train troops are short.
Budapest 5 nights, you will be happy you did
Vienna 3 nights
Salzburg 1 night
Munich 2 nights