Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Mala Strana, Prague

Sorry I posted this in the RS Tours part of the forum by mistake. Let me try this again.

We will be doing the RS Best of Eastern Europe tour in June. First stop is Prague. We will be arriving a couple of days early, to overcome jet lag and to do some of our own sightseeing. The RS hotel is in the Old City. I would like to stay in Mala Strana (on the other side of the river) before the tour, because I want to see a couple of sights there. Does anyone have recommendations for a decent, mid-priced hotel in Mala Strana? We are a group of three, and are willing to either triple up, or get two rooms.

Posted by
2026 posts

Check out the House at the Big Boot. It was excellent. Great location, friendly family run B & B. Our room was huge, breakfast very nice. We would return without hesitation. Actually, wouldn’t stay anywhere else. Prague is beautiful. Have a good trip.

Posted by
2639 posts

the Archibald hotel at Charles bridge, on Kampa Island and delightful peaceful area in the heart of the tourist area. never stayed in the hotel but it has a great reputation and I have often eaten in the restaurant there.

Posted by
670 posts

I second the recommendation for House at the Big Boot! We stayed there for 3 nights prior to moving to Old Town for the start of the RS Eastern Europe Tour last year, and I loved it there! The hosts were so incredibly helpful and the superior rooms were reasonably priced and quite nice. Easy walk to the Charles Bridge or Castle, and nice to get a different perspective from Old Town.

Posted by
670 posts

Just noticed you said you were a group of three. We were two adults traveling with our college aged student. We had a wonderful arrangement at the Big Boot where we had a suite of rooms -- two bedrooms and two baths. The one bedroom was tiny (which was perfectly ok with our kid) and the one bath had a tub with shower attachment rather than a shower, but it was a great and inexpensive set up.

Posted by
15 posts

I booked at the Big Boot and got confirmation from Jakub yesterday. Looks like a nice place and it is reasonably priced (about $314 for two nights, three adults in a Superior room). I have the RS guidebook now, and he recommends it. You get a discount if you mention RS. The price above includes the discount.

Caution to anyone who wants to stay there: The place is cash only. But they accept dollars, euros, and pounds in addition to Czech crowns.

Posted by
613 posts

Old Town & Mala Strana are so close to each other that it is probably not worth the effort to change hotels.