Please sign in to post.

Guidelines of March 16th. Does the 60 day deadline for a tour starting May 24, 2020 still apply?

We are going to Prague and Budapest on the tour beginning May 24th. I would like to wait until April to make a decision if possible. Steve's latest statement on March 16th stated "If you are booked on a tour starting July 1 or later, our standard cancellation and transfer policies still apply."

We are thinking of rebooking in September, but still unsure if things will be fairly back to normal.

Have read the latest posts from 2 days ago about Prague-does anyone else have more recent information?

Thanks in advance!

Posted by
4 posts

Our Greece tour starts May 23 so balance is due by March 23. Like you, I hope they will reduce the 60 day deadline.

Posted by
16893 posts

If your tour is scheduled in May and you wish to transfer or cancel it, then please email according to the guidelines revised today at https://www.ricksteves.com/tours/coronavirus-faq. None of us have a crystal ball for either May or September, but if that’s your leaning, then it’s a step you can take, preferably before the 60-day payment deadline, if you’re looking to avoid making the final payment right now. Note that I have not been personally in touch with the tour department about this.

Also note that the message asks customers with tour dates starting in June NOT to contact us until April, so that earlier travel plans can be handled first.

Posted by
6290 posts

Thanks, Laura. Several of us Okies are beginning to twitch; we have tours beginning in mid to late May, and are hanging in there. Thanks for the clarification.