Please sign in to post.

Day trips from Prague

I'm beginning a plan for a 7-to10 day stay in the CR, with Prague as my base. I am open to all daytrip suggestions. I've been all around Prague and see no need to spend no more than 2 days revisiting favorite spots. Or would I be better off relocating my base after a few days? Vienna will probably be my next base after Prague.

Many thanks!

Posted by
2639 posts

what time of year will you be travelling and do you have any particular interests.ie countryside , walking, beer/breweries/distillieries, s castles ,parklands etc.

Posted by
865 posts

I purposefully left this open-ended to not restrict recommendations and feedback. Travel will probably be in the late fall.

Posted by
2639 posts

Day trips I have done from Prague on my many visits over the last 20+ years.
Plzen, Pardibuce, Melnik ,Karlsteijn , Krivlokat ,Beroun,Ceske Budojovice ,Karlova Vary, Turnov ,Hruba Skala ,Benesov, Kutna Hora, Tabor, Teplice, Mlada Boleslav ,Velke Popovice ,Hrusice,and Pribram .Also many places within the greater Prague area ,Chyne,Ricany, Kladno, Uneticky ,Prohunice as well as many of the outlying neighbourhoods of the city. some of these visits are by bus or train , some by friends who have kindly driven me there. I have left what to do in these places openended as I have no idea of your interests, if you are travelling alone or what forms of transport you will be using.
An Alternative base for a few days could be the lovely city of Brno.

Posted by
865 posts

Thank you. This gives me some city options to begin research. Greatly appreciated!

Posted by
697 posts

When we were through that area we spent two nights in Cesky Krumlov on our way to Vienna. We used CK Shuttle for both legs of the trip.