Please sign in to post.

Dancing House Hotel in Prague

I've been told that staying in a hotel in the Old Town / Charles Bridge area is not absolutely required. We are booked at the Dancing House next summer for 4 nights. Are we making the right decision?

Posted by
6532 posts

Bradleyggold - you received good responses where you initially posted the question. My guess is Frank has never been to Prague or didn’t know of the house when he was there. We walked by it, but never went in. It is 3/4 of a mile from it to Charles Bridge and the main historic district. It’s about 1 mile to Wenceslas square.

Posted by
7209 posts

https://www.dancinghousehotel.com/en/design-hotel-prague/ All you have to do is look at it and know how they name came about. Staying near Charles Bridge is not only "not" required - but it's a congested place with lots of traffic and lots of pickpockets and lots of tourists. There are much better places from which to choose.

Posted by
2299 posts

hey hey bradley
unclegus is the go to guy with prague. friends went to prague and loved it, they were not that far from old town.
livingprague.com and livingpraguetours.com has great info about prague. jason runs this company and posts sometimes on this website. heard lots of great things about him
nakedtourguideprague.com guide will be wearing clothes like you
weirdthingsinprague.com/peeing statue
ukurelu.cz/en and thetavern.cz/en an american couple from the states (washington & kentucky) opened these restaurants with american classics burgers and smoked BBQ
gpsmycity.com/czech sweets and pastries. there are also self guided walking tours with maps to downloatripsavvy.com/top 10 places to visit
vovanovaque.com/pork knuckles in prague. my friend had this dish, served on a small rotisserie at table with sauerkraut and bread. she said was so good and could have fed 2 people
don't forget the street/farmers markets, pubs for all the beer to taste, sit out at cafe to people watch, cruise on the vltava river (prague-guide.co.uk/prague-venice boat trips) or a local train ride outside of the city. make a list for must sees, things if i have time days and hours open, small map of area, i always carry businesscard/address of place i'm staying in case you're taking a taxi.
you'll have a great time and enjoy.
aloha

Posted by
2639 posts

I have replied in your other thread but where you are going to be is just about on the edge of the old town ,so all the main sites are quite walkable from there or jump on a tram 2 stops and you will be at Charles bridge, easy to walk over to Andel area for a huge choice of restaurants and bars that will be a great deal cheaper than in the old town, tram and metro options nearby.You are on the river almost and will have views over it to the castle area. Naplavka area is just down from there and a great place to spend evening time, it has all been redeveloped and there are restaurants and bars there including many that are on barges or boats try boathotel Matylda restaurant ( https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g274707-d939877-Reviews-Boat_Hotel_Matylda_Ristorante-Prague_Bohemia.html ) for somewhere special for a meal and a most popular place for Praguers and visitors to stroll in the evening and stop for drinks or a meal.Personally I would much prefer to stay there that in the heart of the Old town.

Posted by
407 posts

People that stay here will write about the fantastic views and there's no shortage of supporting photos but please note that while all the "deluxe" rooms and suites will have views either to the castle or at least to the river, there are other rear facing rooms "usually listed as superior" that are comfortable and smart but have no view so just double check what's been booked. Also, make a reservation at the restaurant for one of the nights you'll be here because it fills up quick in the summer.

Posted by
77 posts

I can't believe all the support and good information I am getting. Thanks to all.