Please sign in to post.

Bus from Munich to Prague

My husband and I were thinking about taking the Eurolines Bus from Munich to Prague? Has anyone used the bus line before? Would you recommend it? Or is there another company you would recommend?

Posted by
4637 posts

There is a bus operated by Deutsche Bahn. The bus is direct, nonstop. It takes 4 hours 38 minutes. The bus leaves from Hackerbruecke (not too far from Munich Hauptbahnhof) and arrives right in front of the Main Train Station in Prague (Praha hlavni nadrazi). If you book it ahead it cost 29 Euro, otherwise 66.70. They serve beverages and snacks on the board. There is a bathroom there, too. It is the fastest connection to Prague. Faster even than a flight because it's downtown to downtown.

Posted by
19052 posts

It should be mentioned that the 29€ ticket for the bus is a discounted, advance purchase ticket that starts at 29€, 92 days before the travel date. The advance purchase price is "tiered", and the price increases as the less expensive tickets sell out. It is only valid on that bus (time and date). It can be refunded before the day of travel for a fee of 17,50€ (IOW, you only get 11,50€ back). If you miss the assigned bus on the day of travel, I think you can take a later bus (but no refundable), but you pay the full fare less the 11,50€ credit.

Posted by
41 posts

In my opinion eurolines is indeed a good option if u can't get Deutsche bahn bus discount tickets. It will cost u from 27 to 35 euro per person even if u buy just 2 days before your journey. Takes same time. Luxury buses n faster than train.
Vikas.