Please sign in to post.

Berlin Lutherstadt Prague itinerary

Hello:

We (4 adults) will be making our first trip to Berlin and Prague in August 2019.
My wife and I visited Bavaria and Salzburg this past August and we had a wonderful time.
https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/germany/munich-salzburg-bavaria-itenerary
Here's what I have planned, love to hear some feedbacks.

Day 1 - Arrival in Berlin (4 nts)
Day 2 - Berlin
Day 3 - Berlin
Day 4 - Berlin
Day 5 - Pick up rental car and drive to see Wittenberg, afterwards drive to Quedlinburg, sleeps in Quedlinburg (1 nt)
Day 6 - Quedlinburg, then drive to Erfurt, sleeps in Erfurt (2 nts)
Day 7 - Erfurt and Wartburg Castle
Day 8 - Drive to see Leipzig, return rental car, sleeps in Leipzig (1 nt)
Day 9 - Take DB Bus from Leipzig Hbf to Prague, sleeps in Prague (4 nts)
Day 10 - Prague
Day 11 - Prague
Day 12 - Prague
Day 13 - Český Krumlov (2 nts)
Day 14 - Český Krumlov
Day 15 - Flight home from Prague airport

Posted by
214 posts

We flew in to Berlin then went to Wittenberg for a day/night. We then took the train to Prague and stopped for a bit in Leipzig. I'm not sure if you are also renting a car for Prague to Cesky Krumlov - but it was kind of hard to do via train. I've done it with a shuttle (CK Shuttle) to CK and then rode bus back to Prague and then another time with a rental car and I prefer rental car. These are all GREAT stops - Enjoy!

Posted by
22 posts

Hi Dana:

We shifted our schedule up by a day to make sure we don't risk missing the flight on our last day.
Yes, we will be renting a car before we leave Prague and then return it to the Prague airport when we leave.

Day 12 - Pick up rental car and drive to see Český Krumlov (2 nts)
Day 13 - Český Krumlov
Day 14 - Drive back towards Prague and stay the night at Prague airport hotel
Day 15 - Fly home