The Prague Marathon is May 3 this year, with shorter runs on May 2. While I am sure it will have a lot of fun activities associated with it, including, I understand, much music, I want to be certain that I have an itinerary that doesn't fight against the people and transportation logistics.
Following is my general itinerary - if anyone has been in Prague over marathon weekend and has any recommendations re better logistics, I would appreciate it. I am staying in Mala Strana. I love to walk and will be out and about at least 8 hours a day and hopefully, have given myself enough time to get lost, wander and explore. I also will check out evening musical performances.
- Wed April 29 arrival mid-afternoon tram 22 ride (reverse Rick's itinerary)
- Thurs April 30 OLD TOWN/JEWISH QUARTER: Charles Bridge (by 8:30am) Old Town Square, Astronomical Clock, Church of St. Nicholas, Tyn Chruch, Ungelt, House of Black Madonna, Municipal House, Estates Theatre Evening - Kampa Island for Witches Festival
- Fri May 1 NEW TOWN: Wenceslas Square, Museum of Communism, Mucha Museum, Municipal House
- Sat May 2 CASTLE QUARTER: Primarily following Rick's itinerary, Slav Epoch
- Sun May 3 MALA STRANA, Strahov Monastery, Petrin Hill
- Mon May 4 Vysehrad Walk, Charles Square, Dancing House, National Theatre, Bethlehem Chapel
- Tues May 5 mid-day leave for overnight in Chesky Krumlov on my way to Vienna
Thanks in advance