Please sign in to post.

3 Days in Prague

Hi,
We only have three days in Prague. I've booked a tour with Pavel Batel to Terezin.
Looking for recommendations of must sees and guides for walking tours to see the city?
Thank you!

Posted by
8312 posts

Go online and Google "Free walking tours" for Prague. They meet @ 10:00 a.m. in the center city and show you all the good travel sites. The guides work for tips.

Then sign up for their Nightlife Tour and go back that night. They'll show you where the great bars, beer halls and inexpensive restaurants are. You'll be going all over town with people from all over the world, and it's a ball. The Urquell beer hall alone goes through 6,000 gallons of beer a night, and they bring it in via tractor trailer truck.

Posted by
1101 posts

We had a great experience on an Old Town and Jewish Quarter tour with Jason of LivingPrague.com.

His tours are available at: https://www.livingpraguetours.com/

Jason is incredibly knowledgeable and quite personable. His website can be helpful in planning your visit to the city.

Posted by
3637 posts

Prague’s Obneci Dum is a lavish concert hall, with several different spaces, decorated in Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles. Its murals, mosaics, and other decor items have to be seen to be believed. I seem to remember that entrance was by guided tour only, and that it wasn’t very expensive. A must-see for sure.

Posted by
615 posts

I really enjoyed the Museum of Communism. I had never been to a formerly communist country and the museum illuminated what daily life was like in the not-so-distant past. Also if you enjoy art, the Mucha Museum is a gem.

Posted by
371 posts

The Prague Castle and cathedral on the hill, of course. The Jewish quarter and synagogues and cemetery. We did those on our own and it was fine.

The Mucha museum was great. Just takes an hour; small yet fun stuff as well as some powerful stuff. Interesting man and interesting place in late 19th and early 20th century history. BTW, Mucha did one of the windows in the Cathedral up at the Prague Castle complex. If you go to the museum, you will recognize his Sarah Bernhardt posters, but he was deeper and more diverse than just that.

My wife was bored by the Museum of Communism. I wasn’t, but it wasn’t as interesting as I had anticipated.

When we were in Prague in 2018, the Manifesto Market had just opened and was a wonderful place with a great vibe for dinner. It has moved and I don’t know if it has the same buzz, but take a look and see what you see on line. What I see online looks like it still has a good vibe, though perhaps a bit more established.

Look on line for music. We had a lovely eve at The Jazz Republic, but even if jazz appeals to you, will the group that eve appeal to you? You can see who’s performing in advance and check them out on You Tube before you actually commit.

Posted by
158 posts

You need to get on YouTube and search Prague. There is so much information about Prague your eyes will cross. We been to Prague least 10 times in spring, summer and Christmas markets and the Youtubers get it right on this city. One of my favorites is the Honest Guide. Rick's book on Prague is also pretty good.

Posted by
1585 posts

I like the youtuber The Honest Guide. I have had my trip to Prague and I still watch his videos.