Please sign in to post.

Prague Hotel

I will be in Prague for five days this spring and I'm considering two hotels recommended by Rick Steves, the Metamorphis and the Maximillian Hotel. I would appreciate any feedback regarding these hotels.

Posted by
19086 posts

I stayed at Lida in Prague (recommended by Rick at the time, if not now), and the experience was outstanding. Lida is not in the immediate downtown area, but it is a short Metro ride from downtown. One of the owners, Jan, meet me at the gate and sat me down in the breakfast room with a big notebook of maps and outlined where he thought I should go. The owners are obviously enthusiastic about their town and love to introduce you to it.

Posted by
10 posts

I stayed at the Metamorphis last year. You can't beat the location and the front desk were friendly and helpful. My room was overlooking the Ungelt Square. Since I spent four nights there, they gave me a free ride from the airport (online special - not sure if it is still available).

John

Posted by
115 posts

Just stayed at the Charles Residence last week. Just steps,from the Charles bridge. It was very nice.

Posted by
248 posts

Just got back from Prague and stayed in 2 hotels: Metamorphis and K+K Hotel Central. Both about the same price, K+K a little cheaper. Both were what I'd consider splurge hotels as far as amenities, room size, breakfasts, etc., and both were under $100/night! Both had 4-star ratings and service. Both staffs were exemplary.

The Metamorphis location was a couple blocks closer to the very center of Old Town. Beautiful room and decor and a bathroom the size of a New York apartment. Only drawback: had to go outside (it was cold) and around to the adjoining restaurant Vabene for breakfast. But breakfast was superb. Some hallway/room noise.

We were at the K+K Hotel Central for a longer period. It's a beautiful art nouveau building that's been completely refurbished in the last few years. It's just a little outside Powder Gate/Municipal House on Hybernska St., so still very close to center. The rooms were massive, modern, and very quiet - no noise at all. It was a great place to hole up and completely relax in. The breakfast room is in a remodeled auditorium and is very spacious. And the breakfast is the largest I've ever come across. The hotel has a businessy aspect - there's a conference/function room under the breakfast room - but it was soooo comfortable! Lots of period detail including old-fashioned (but refurbished and smooth) grille/glass elevator.

Both great choices!

Posted by
41 posts

Hi Art,

I stayed at the Maximilian Hotel last June, and I had an absolutely wonderful stay at that hotel. The front desk staff are very professional, helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet is delicious, with a nice variety. Some days I was able to fill up at breakfast so much that I was able to skip lunch. :-) And my room was very nice and spacious.

And the Maximilian Hotel is right next to the Jewish Quarter, the hotel is in a very central location.

I'm planning on visiting Prague again this year, and in all likelihood I'll stay at the Maximilian Hotel once again. I highly recommend the Maximilian Hotel.

Best Regards,
Ernesto