Please sign in to post.

travel to Prague

can someone help me? my wife and I are traveling from Venice to prague this summer. what is the easiest/safest/quickest/funn-est way to get there?

possibly we need a stop over? where?

thanks!

Posted by
7331 posts

This was fun for us, but not necessarily the easiest and definitely not the fastest, and you'd need to get from Venice into Austria: in the year 2000 we rented bicycles at a train station in Vienna (you can turn them back in at another station for a one-way trip) and rode up the Danube to Ybbs, staying overnight in Melk and other towns along the river, and seeing castles, a magnificent abbey, and great towns along the way over a few days. At Ybbs, we caught a train to Cesky Krumlov (fast Austrian train to the border then a much slower Czech engine was connected for the rest of the trip). Cesky Krumlov was a great stopover. We later continued by train to Prague.

Posted by
16893 posts

You can do it by train in one, 14-hour day, with connections at Verona and Munich, for instance; see How to Look Up Train Schedules Online. Either Munich or Vienna are pretty convenient stopover cities by train. If you have more time, you could make more stops. If you're just trying to get there, then try www.skyscanner.com for flight prices.

Posted by
15579 posts

Ray seems to be confusing Venice with Vienna. It's 4.5 hours by train to Vienna. It's a lot longer to Venice which is in a different direction.

Posted by
2081 posts

channi

i just realized that and deleted my reply.

happy trails.