Please sign in to post.

Overnight train from Prague to Krakow

Hello! I'm traveling in late April from Prague to Krakow and would like to travel via overnight train. I'm looking to book a private 3 person cabin and was wondering what is the best way to book?

I have looked on Czech-transport.com that has a 60 day booking window tickets can be delivered to your hotel or offer pick up at their office near the Castle. Tickets are $65 and I'm sure there is an additional fee for the tickets to be delivered to hotel. Since I'd like to lock in these tickets as soon as possible, are there any other suggestions for booking before 60 days? Also, please let me know if there are any other suggested websites as I don't know if there is a more 'official' website (I'd prefer a website that offers e-tickets for overnight trains, to make receiving tickets easier, but not sure if this is even offered).

Also, if anyone has booked a similar ticket on this route, I'd love to have your opinion on your experience. I've done an overnight from Amsterdam to Munich a few years back and had a great experience but that was 'Western Europe' but not sure if the Eastern Europe experience is different.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by
53 posts

We just booked our tickets - maybe some of this will help.

• Nobody gets access to trains, in the Czech Republic, prior 60 days out. This info comes from their official site, when I emailed them asking the same question. :) If you book at 60 days out you should be fine.

• Booking through their official site, you can just print out your tickets. No need for hotel delivery.

• There is a great run down on how to book the sleepers on "The Man in Seat Sixty One". It's a solid website with an obscene amount of info for train travel.

Posted by
14507 posts

Hi,

The night train Amsterdam-Munich on the CNL is one that I would take also. Not sure about doing this one you have in mind...easily done by day, 7 hrs.