Please sign in to post.

4 days in Prague

My wife and I have 4 days in Prague before we fly home to Canada. Can anyone recommend any particular areas to stay, or not to stay? Since we only have a short time, what might be the best places to see while in Prague.

Thanks for any info

Greg

Posted by
8141 posts

Greg: I would suggest you research Prague on Wikipedia. It has a fantastic narrative on everything about this great city.

Another suggestion would be to get a good general tour book on any city you're traveling. My local library carries Rick Steves' guides.

We're staying at Zlata Brana Apartments right off the river in the center city--78 Euros per night. Got it through Booking.com.

Posted by
17908 posts

Don't know what your budget is but one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed I was the Hotel Ventana just feet from Old Town. You couldn't find a better location.

Posted by
4637 posts

I would recommend to stay in the center which would be Old Town (Stare Mesto), Little Quarters (Mala Strana), New Town (Nove Mesto) and maybe closer part of Vinohrady. If you stay in the center most of your sightseeing will be in walking distance. Rick Steves book Prague and the Czech Republic has good suggestions what to see if you have this many days or that many days. If you are interested in that stuff try KGB Museum (close to US embassy), National Technical Museum, Mucha's Slavic Epic in Veletrzni palac (used to be in Moravsky Krumlov, now it's in Prague).

Posted by
2 posts

James, can you give some unusual and spectacular things to do in Prague? Thanks from Merkel TX

Posted by
15582 posts

The castle.

The Jewish quarter. Much of it is closed on Friday afternoons and Saturdays, so Sundays tend to be the most crowded.

Day trip to Terezin - fascinating.

Posted by
1370 posts

Stay near Old Town Square and you can walk to everything. I enjoyed just wandering around and taking in the ambiance while picking my stops and they appeared. Don't miss: Praque Castle, St. Vitus and the Golden Lane - the Jewish Cemetery - Charles Bridge - Wenceslas Square. If you want to get out of the city a side trip to Melnik Castle is worthwhile.