Please sign in to post.

When can you buy catamaran ticket for coast? Nicer trip from Korcula to Dubrovnik?

I’m traveling in July, and need to go from Split to Korcula, and then Korcula to Dubrovnik. Rick Steve’s says not to wait to buy these tickets in the summer. I know there are two companies but I can’t seem to buy tickets online yet. How early can you do this though? Is there one that is better and/or faster than the other? Didn’t see big differences in the time they take. Also, would you recommend a car instead from Korcula to Dubrovnik? Which one would be more scenic?
Thanks!

Posted by
11318 posts

When we went from Split to Korcula we bought our tickets at the dock early that morning. It was in June, so early season. Might be best to reserve in advance.

For Korcula to Dubrovnik we hired a driver to pick us up at the mainland ferry terminal and drive us, taking a tour of the Peljesac wine area on the way. I do not recall pre-booking the ferry to the mainland although we might have done a day in advance.

Posted by
6113 posts

There is no point buying Jadrolinija ferry tickets in advance, as they do not guarantee you a place on a particular sailing - just arrive and buy at the kiosk when you want to travel.

However, the Krilo catamaran only runs once a day and can get full, so it's advisable to buy online tickets well in advance.