Please sign in to post.

travel advice

Hi everyone,
We arrive in Geneva 6 days prior to a 12 day 'Our Way' tour of of Salzburg, Italy, etc. We want to travel to Zagreb to visit friends prior to joining the tour. Any advice on the best way to make this detour to Croatia? Rail, bus, air??
Thanks for the help!

Posted by
27096 posts

It looks like 17 hours by night train, which sounds like a nightmare to me. I'd visit skyscanner and look at flights.

Posted by
99 posts

Hi. Wizzair or Ryan Air should be the low budget airlines in that area. Anything else would take you a long time and you would be exhausted. Hope this helps!

Posted by
4 posts

Rail seems like an excellent choice but only if its higher class rail. I would not recommend traveling as 'ordinary' people if you are on vacation and definitely would not travel by rail in Croatia. Still, if you are only going to Zagreb rail could still be OK option.
If traveling anywhere else in Croatia, rent a car or fly.
If you check airport pages in Croatia you can see the schedule for all airlines and on what days they are flying to that destination. This way you can plan the best way of travel.
Cheers!

Posted by
12172 posts

For me it would be a flight. Are you light packers? It can make a big difference in cost.