Please sign in to post.

Ston, Croatia

I will be on RS tour for 2 weeks this September and I'll be spending a few extra days in Dubrovnik. What is the best way to get to Ston to visit the wall?

Posted by
7049 posts

I stopped in through a Viator day tour to Korcula, but we were not there for nearly enough time to have a leisurely walk along the wall. One option is bus (look at suburban west schedule). Another option is renting a car (more flexibility). There is "Ston" and "Mali Ston" - both are worth a stop, as is the beautiful Pelješac peninsula.

http://libertasdubrovnik.com/suburban-timetable/

Posted by
207 posts

If you can arrange a convenient car rental, that'd be one way. Or, since it's only 35 miles each way, you might be able to negotiate a good all-day taxi hire. Does anybody have experience with that? Maybe you could get a cabbie to give you six hours and return drive for, say, $80?

Posted by
44 posts

Is there a car rental company in Dubrovnik or would I have to go to the Airport?

Posted by
7049 posts

Google "rental car Dubrovnik" and you'll be able to see a map of all the names and locations. The airport may have better selection and/or rates, but you never know.