Please sign in to post.

Sleeping in Split

Looking for suggestions for a place to sleep in Split.
Thank you!

Posted by
4078 posts

You might try booking.com and plug in your dates, number of people, and any other priorities you have. You can filter by budget or location. I like using the map view so I can see where my options are.

Posted by
68 posts

I have always tried to book direct so that the owners don't get hit with the fees from booking.

Posted by
4078 posts

Linda, yes but booking.com makes a good reference point for places to look at and read reviews when you don’t know where to begin.

Posted by
5687 posts

Linda, last October I stayed at a little studio apartment called Apartments Kaleta. (I think it is in Rick's book, but they do use Booking.com.) It is at the back corner of Diocletian's Palace on the same side as the ferry port, bus station, and train station, not a far walk. I found the location really good and the place a fantastic value - it was a small, modest place, not fancy at all but very practical and I was comfortable there, would definitely stay there again.

Posted by
880 posts

I stayed in Base Rooms. Amazing location just steps from the peristyle. Small room, but very well appointed. Air conditioning was on point and the room was absolutely quiet even in a busy area.

Posted by
7 posts

I just returned from Croatia and spent a week in Split at the Heritage Antique Hotel. Wonderful place with helpful and very friendly staff. A fabulous breakfast is included. It’s just across from the bell tower. Perfect location. I did a review on Booking.com.