Please sign in to post.

Restaurant Suggestions

Hi. We are looking for restaurant suggestions for dinner in Vis, Korcula, Hvar, Split, Dubrovnik, Rovinj, Pula and Venice. We are more interested in a great meal than a location/view. The food does not have to be traditional. Thank you!

Posted by
6113 posts

I would stay in Stari Grad or Jelsa, not Hvar town on Hvar. Great restaurants include Konoba Kokot in Dol, Konoba Vrisnik in Vrisnik both for traditional, local food including their own wines, great pizza at Bogo in Vrbanj and Eremitaz in Stari Grad.

Posted by
1599 posts

In Dubrovnik, there are 2 restaurants we loved. The first is Kopun, where we had one of the best meals of our trip. My husband had the Royal Seafood Stew, and I ordered the White Fish "en Papillotte". Both dishes were delicious, and the seafood and fish were very fresh! And the location is very pretty, too. We walked up the amazing baroque Jesuit steps. To the right is the Jesuit Church, and to the left is Kopun. So a great meal in a very pretty setting. We did not have a reservation, so we had to wait about 10 minutes. They served us complimentary drinks while we waited.

We also enjoyed Taj Mahal, which is not Indian food. It is Bosnian food with a strong emphasis on meat, so it's very different from many of the restaurants on the Croatian coast. It is a very popular restaurant, so I recommend reservations.

Posted by
3961 posts

In Korcula we had a wonderful dinner at Nonno. Excellent Mediterranean/Italian cuisine. Great meal and a view. In Dubrovnik we had another amazing meal at Kazbek. The restaurant has a charming and elegant ambience. It has Al-fresco dining area in the courtyard of this old Dubrovnik aristocratic summerhouse. In Split we had dinner at a restaurant that was recommended by the hotel concierge at Hotel Globo. It's a neighborhood restaurant called Perivoj. Again, we ate outdoors in a beautiful garden with the background of an historic family villa from the Art Nouveau Movement. See restoran-perivoj.com. All three restaurants were our favorites for "non traditional cuisine." Reservations at all restaurants advised. Enjoy your journey!

Posted by
151 posts

We are spoiled for choice when we go to Rovinj, we like Balbi, Scuba and Kantinon. If you want high end, you can go to Monte or Wine Vault. In Pula, the Amfiteatar restaurant is superior to any others and moderately priced.