Please sign in to post.

Rental Car Companies

Can anyone recommend car rental companies for one way rentals between Zagreb and Dubrovnik?

Posted by
6509 posts

Try Auto Europe, a US-based broker with a good track record. It will help you find options. You can book directly with a rental company if you prefer.

Posted by
23 posts

I am here now and using Oryx. The one way drop off fee was about 68 euros.

Posted by
8 posts

Thanks for posting! We're going in a week.
Please post your experience with Oryx when you are finished - it's always to good to get feedback from others.
-Bob

Posted by
56 posts

Nova Car consistently comes up as one of the best Croatian options. The border cross fee is 50€ per rental, one-way drop off fee seems to be 80€ (in Croatia only, note dropping in another country is more like $500), 5€ per day for extra driver. Normally I go through AutoEurope but they don't seem to work with Nova Car.

Posted by
8 posts

I just booked with Sixt for pick up in Dubrovnik, driving to Montenegro, Mostar then drop off in Split. 4 days the cost was about $150. That should include our cross border fees. We didn't buy insurance as our charge card covers us. I thought that was pretty reasonable.

Posted by
8 posts

I booked a larger car from Avis, but the reserved vehicle wasn't available. They found a similar vehicle with the Croatian company Active. The windshield cracked from a rock. They overcharged me, but I suspect no more than Avis would. I would rent directly from Active next time. Hopefully the credit card will cover the windshield.

Posted by
4081 posts

I happily used UniRent Dubrovnik to Split one way - but I believe they also have an office in Zagreb.