Please sign in to post.

Please help with itinerary!

Hello,
Started to plan for our trip even though it’s not until next year September. We are a middle aged couple who will have a car (for most of the trip). Looking at flying into Zagreb and out of Dubrovnik (open to doing it in reverse if it makes more sense). We have around 24 days. The plan is:
Zagreb-3 nights (need some time to get over jet lag and we always like to take our first couple of days easy when we travel) pick up rental.
Ljubljana-3 nights
Lake Bled-1 night (not sure about this overnight, maybe day trip would be better?)
Rovinj- 3 nights
Plitvice- 1 night
Split- 2 nights (thinking about dropping the rental off here)
Korcula- 3 nights
This is where I’m unsure of itinerary. Want to spend some time in Mostar and not take a day trip. Is one night good enough? Same with Montenegro, base ourselves in one place and visit some towns around there. Is Kotor the best bet? Thinking of ending it in Dubrovnik as we would fly out from there. No problems with taking the bus to Mostar/Kotor.
Mostar- 2 nights
Montenegro- 2 nights
Dubrovnik-3 nights

We aren’t big museum goers and really just love walking around and exploring the towns/cities. Love being by the water as well but don’t really need to go swimming

Thank you!

Posted by
1015 posts

Great itinerary. Personally, I felt like Lake Bled was day trip territory (and honestly, skip going out to the island.) With a car, where you can set your own hours, I’d definitely prefer to wind up back in lively Ljubljana that night.

I don’t have informed opinions for the tail end of your trip. But the two nights in Mostar/ Kotor, while they may be slightly more than you need, will ensure you’re not feeling rushed. Three nights in Dubrovnik is good, four would be my max. Overall, I think your days elsewhere on the trip are allocated perfectly, so if want to take it slow down here it’s not a loss.

Posted by
27616 posts

I see no need to relocate to Bled if you don't plan a bunch of time in the countryside (Lake Bohinj, Julian Alps, etc.). Lake Bled is beautiful but really tiny.

Montenegro is a beautiful country. You could definitely spend more than two nights there if you want to explore beyond Kotor. There is bus service (not usually very frequent) to places like Herceg Novi, Perast, Cetinje, Budva and Ulcinj, but the buses don't seem to serve the national parks, which are reportedly lovely.

Posted by
56 posts

Thank you, am thinking about just keeping the rental and after Korcula, driving to Mostar then Montenegro before dropping it off in Dubrovnik