Please sign in to post.

No Venezialines ferries to Croatia in 2020

My favourite route to northern Croatia, fly to Venice and take the Venezialines fast catamaran,
has just announced on its website that all sailings are cancelled for the rest of the year.
Anyone still able to travel to Venice and on to Croatia can do so by rented car, bus or train.
Flights into Croatia are slowly increasing, if anyone is able to go in future months.

Posted by
151 posts

All is not lost, Venezia Lines are not the only ferry company providing the service on the route.

Posted by
4 posts

Does anyone know for sure which ferries (if any) or buses are running from either Venice or Trieste? Thank you in advance.

Posted by
167 posts

The overall Croatia Ferries website says no further sailings on the Venice to Istria routes.
Crews and passengers would need to follow rules likely impossible in close quarters.
Alternate routes from Venice to Croatia include a train to Llubjana, Slovenia, and a slow train south.
Or a bus or a rental car, if returning to Venice to drop it off. Flixbus may be another resource.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks. The Bus Croatia site lists a couple of theoretical bus options, but when I click through, it seems they’ve been cancelled. All ferries seem to have been cancelled, too.

I’m debating between a private transfer or cancelling the trip and going somewhere else. The original plan was to work remotely from Istria for a month, but it seems like there’s no easy or cheap way to get there from northern Italy (where I’m working remotely at the moment).

Posted by
151 posts

Now we know that the ferry service is cancelled. There is definitely a bus service from Venice/Trieste and you have www.goopti.com transfer which is very reasonable.