We will fly into Dubrovnik, spend probably two nights there, rent a car, visit 1-2 islands, a night or two in Split or Trogir, head to Plitvice or Krka, return our car in Pula and take the ferry to Venice the next morning.
1) We will arrive in Dubrovnik in the early afternoon. Is 1 1/2 days enough time there?
2) My GF wants to do both Korcula and Vis but that seems like it would be rushed to fit both in, plus needing an overnight in Split in between. If we were to do just one, which is better in terms of beaches, snorkeling, kayaking, biking, etc? It would be easy to do a day trip to Mljet from Korcula, yes? Other small islands possible for day trips?
I'm less inclined towards Hvar but might that be an alternative?
3) Is Trogir a good alternative for beach/water activities? Or another coastal town?
4) Plitvice or Krka? The latter seems to be a bit more convenient driving-wise. Is half day enough for either?
5) Has anyone out there done the Plitvice-Pula drive? Google Maps says it's three hours fro Rick implies that it's more arduous. Any place worth stopping along the way? Is Pula worth some time exploring or would we not be missing much if we got there in time to crash?