I’m planning a 10-day trip to Croatia where I have the flexibility to extend it to 2 full weeks if necessary. The tentative timeframe is late July/early Aug 2021. I have been to Dubrovnik, Split & Zagreb on my previous trip a couple of years ago, however, I spent only 3 days in Split and it felt kind of rushed. This time I’ll be flying in to Split (easy of flights from Boston) b/c it’s so easy to connect to the Islands via ferry and make Split the base of my day excursions. I plan on spending time at the islands (Hvar, Barc, Korcula, Vis, etc.) either as day trips or I could also make one of the islands the base for 3 / 4 nights and take day trips from there. I am a very outdoorsy guy and love to walk, hike, swim, snorkel, kayak, sail, tennis, etc. So I’m looking for active pursuits on this vacation. Please provide any info that be helpful to me regarding the following queries:
1) I’d like to make a day trip to Mostar. Is it possible from Split, or is the trip only a possibility from Dubrovnik?
2) I’d like to make a day trip to Trojir. Can I take a local bus and explore on my own, or do I need to find an excursion?
3) I’ve been to Plitvice national park, so this time I’d like to visit Krka national park. Are they similar and is going to be worth it?
4) Any Latin dance clubs recommendations where I may dance salsa/merengue/bachata/etc.?
5) Any disco/non-disco club recommendations for night life that is for “adults” i.e. not drunk 20s and early 30s crowd. I’m in my mid 40s and would like to have engaging conversations with “adult” ladies.
6) If I were to visit the islands overnight instead of day trips, which island should I make the base for 3 or 4 days to explore neighboring islands?
7) Are there sunbathing (FKK) beaches in Split or must I go to the islands?
8) Any other solo travelers planning a trip around July/Aug timeframe? If so, and would like to hook up, please let me know, I have flexibility in travel dates and could modify itinerary if need be.
I look forward from hearing you folks.