I have posted before and received excellent feedback -- so first, Thank You Rick Steve's travel junkies!!!
We are two Best Friend Moms doing a 2-week Croatia Trip with our three collective 20-22 year old daughters. Girls trip!!! We are active and love adventure.
- We are using Delta Miles to fly free, so we land in Zagreb on Sun. May 22nd and depart Split on Sat. June 4th. (This we cannot change).
- Renting a van in Zadar, then using it for our journey for the next 5-6 days to get to Dubrovnik. Then dropping van in Dubrovnik and using passenger ferry for remainder.
Sun 5/22- Tues 5/24: Zagreb – 2 nights
Tues 5/24: Plitvice – Day trip
Tues 5/24- Wed 5/25: Zadar – 1 nights
Wed 5/25- Sun 5/29: Dubrovnik – 4 nights
Sun 5/29- Wed 6/1: Hvar – 3 nights
Wed 6/1 - Sat 6/4: Split – 3 nights
Questions: Where should we should we stop along the way from Zadar to Dubrovnik on Wed. 5/25? We will leave Zadar around 10am and have the day to make our way. Since we have 4 nights in Dbv, we want to see/do something along the way.
- Mostar visit for a few hours (which adds about 2 hours to our drive time)?
- Wineries along the way -- and if so, which ones?
- Sibenik, Makarska, Korkola? -- if so, which one and what should we do there?
- Others we should consider??
Also, we welcome any feedback on our itinerary, things to 'not miss' at our destinations, and any other Travel Tips you may have.
Laura and Karla :)