Please sign in to post.

Lake Bled to Dubrovnik

I will be on a Rick Steves' "Best of Eastern Europe" tour this July...ending up in Lake Bled. I would like to travel from Lake Bled to Dubrovnik for a few nights before I fly home. It looks to me like the easiest and fastest way to do this as a single traveler is to take a train from Lake Bled to Zagreb and then a non-stop flight from Zagreb to Dubrovnik. Has any one done this? Any comments/suggestions/hints? Or...is there a better way that I have not yet discovered? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Posted by
5687 posts

Or take a shuttle or bus from Lake Bled to Venice and fly direct, if you can find a good direct flight on the day you need to go. Volotea has cheap direct flights between Venice and Dubrovnik but only some days. You just have to check the schedule and see what works best on your travel days.

Try GoOpti to get you to the Venice airport - or maybe even to Zagreb airport vs. taking the train to the city center then getting to the airport. (I like trains and prefer them whenever possible, but a direct van ride might be easier.)

Posted by
389 posts

I'm sure there are many more flights to Dubrovnik from Zagreb than from Venice. So I think that remains your best (simplest) bet.

Posted by
98 posts

Thank you for the information!! I really appreciate your input.

Posted by
470 posts

Starting this year, there are seasonal direct flights between Ljubljana and Dubrovnik, operated by Adria Airways. Ljubljana Airport is 20 minutes by shuttle from Lake Bled.