Can someone recommend a place to stay a few nights in Korcula for 3 adults? How many nights would people recommended staying for an active family?
Rick's book has recommended places to stay.
How many nights? Depends. How long is your trip? Do you have limited time with many places you're trying to squeeze in (so everything is a trade-off)? Or do you go to this part of Europe often and there's no limits on your time spent there? Without knowing your interests/priorities/constraints, it's pretty hard to give a suggestion.
That said, on a fast-paced 15-day trip to Croatia/Slovenia, I spent 2 nights and one full day on Korcula. We loved the place (much more than some of the more popular/hyped places in Croatia) and I felt like we got a nice taste of the place. I could have easily enjoyed another day or two relaxing there, but...for me, every day spent someplace means a trade-off and a day not spent elsewhere.
I will suggest Maria's Place which is located in the middle of Korcula town. Easy walk to catamarans, Marco polo house, sky bar and main cathedral.
By active family, you need to give us more information. Do you have any special interest?
7 days plan
1. visiting Peljesac, Dingac wine tasting, and Viganj beach with surfing resort.
2. Lumbarda sandy beach, Grk wine tasting.
3. Vela Luka, a local diner in village Zrnovo and island Proizd.
4. Racisce, full day on the hidden beach. Racisce has a view on Viganj. Take a camera with you.
5. Ilija mountain. If you like hiking! From the top, you can take rare photos of Korcula.
6. National park Mljet, day trip.
7. Island Badija and diner at island Postup (only for chooses ones, make a deal with taxi boat)