Please sign in to post.

island of Korcula

we will be coming from Split after 5 days, thinking of taking a ferry to Korcula for 3 nights, then to Dubrovnik for our last two nights before we fly home.
any thoughts on the 3 nights on Korcula island? thanks Jane

Posted by
208 posts

We did this trip in 2015. Coming from Split, we took the ferry to Hvar, stayed a night or two in Hvar, took the ferry to Korcula, and then stayed a night or two in Korcula, before taking a shuttle van on to Dubrovnik. I enjoyed both places, but don't remember wishing we had another night to spend in either one.

I enjoyed Dubrovnik. (And after Dubrovnik, we journeyed on to Mostar and Sarajevo, before ending the trip. Very worthwhile 5 days). What I wanted to do, but did not get to do, in Dubrovnik is take a day trip into Montenegro.

So, what I might suggest is switching one of your 3 nights in Korcula to Dubrovnik, and spending that extra day on a day trip to the Bay of Kotar.

Posted by
3822 posts

I agree with Matt. 2 nights should be sufficient on Korcula. We visit family there and usually only stay 3 nights.

Posted by
6788 posts

Although I loved Korcula, I also loved a day trip to Kotor. I would do as suggested, trade away one extra day on Korcula and use that for a day-trip from Dubrovnik to Kotor.

Posted by
3961 posts

We've been to Hvar, Split, Korcula and Dubrovnik. Our favorite island was Korcula! Lovely, and unpretentious. We were there 2 nights and wished we could have stayed another night.
Two nights in Dubrovnik was great.

Posted by
26 posts

From Split to Dubrovnik, Korcula is the best island to choose. There is much to do especially if you are into an active holiday. Impressive old town, amazing restaurants, great vine, beautiful beaches and crystal clear sea - I could spend much more than 3 days there. However I must agree with the rest about Montenegro - Kotor is definitely worth visiting.