Please sign in to post.

Help with Itinerary

We need to cut out one day from our itinerary, unless I can convince my family that it would be too difficult. We are starting in London for a couple of days, so jet lag will not be much of an issue.

1. London-Pula flight . Spend night in small B & B about 20 minutes outside of Montovun.
  2. Istria day and night
  3. Istria day and night
  4. Travel to Split via catamaran and bus - Split night
  5. Split day and night
  6. Split day and night - includes Krka (we are skipping Plitvice for several reasons)
  7. Travel to Korcula - day and night
  8. Korcula day and night
  9. Travel to Dubrovnik - day and night
  10. Dubrovnik day and night
  11. Leave

I had the perfect itinerary until I discovered that I can't connect my flight from Dubrovnik to London/ London to SF without spending the night, and everyone doesn't want t be gone for too long.

Do I take out Korcula? Is it worth it to go for just one night? Is it worth it for just a day trip? Anyone see something else I can cut out?

Thanks!

Posted by Marie OP
San Francisco
90 posts

At the moment - it is June 29th. Is this do-able?

Should I just skip Istria all together? I hate to do that - we found a great B&B and I love the countryside. We weren't even going to go to Istria, but I found a flight to Pula that is very inexpensive. Or do I just skip Korcla? Is it worth all the travel for Korcula for just one night?

Right now it's San Francisco to London, stay 2 days in London with friends then on to Pula. Then leave from Dubrovnik to London and spend the night in London to get back to SF.

I just found a flight on Norwegian Air from Oakland to Pula, and then from Dubrovnik to Oakland, and we can skp London all together. But I also don't hear great things about Norwegian Air, and that would require about an 1 or so drive to the B&B straight from the uncomfortable flight. Plus we miss London all together, which also might be ok. I am really trying to buy tickets now because the costs keep rising -there are 5 of us

Thanks!

Posted by Cro on the go
Istria, Croatia
64 posts

Do not skip Istria, you would regret if you do. You can take catamaran to Zadar and bus to Split on 29/6 but for near same price you can fly Pula to Split in less than an hour with Croatia Airlines.

Posted by Marie OP
San Francisco
90 posts

Thanks! I will look into that.

Any thoughts on Korcula? Yes/No? Any other parts of the schedule?

Posted by Cro on the go
Istria, Croatia
64 posts

Your schedule would be a little rushed for me but we all have our own pace. Take a day off KorĨula, I would have no problem with visiting for one day/night if travel times are suitable.

Posted by Marie OP
San Francisco
90 posts

We actually ended up booking a flight directly to Pula and skipping London. We will then add a day to the Istria area for more time in Croatia and to slow things down a bit. Thanks!

Posted by Cro on the go
Istria, Croatia
64 posts

You are very welcome! There are knowledgable people on here, so come back if you need more information.