Please sign in to post.

Help with Itinerary

We need to cut out one day from our itinerary, unless I can convince my family that it would be too difficult. We are starting in London for a couple of days, so jet lag will not be much of an issue.

1. London-Pula flight . Spend night in small B & B about 20 minutes outside of Montovun.
  2. Istria day and night
  3. Istria day and night
  4. Travel to Split via catamaran and bus - Split night
  5. Split day and night
  6. Split day and night - includes Krka (we are skipping Plitvice for several reasons)
  7. Travel to Korcula - day and night
  8. Korcula day and night
  9. Travel to Dubrovnik - day and night
  10. Dubrovnik day and night
  11. Leave

I had the perfect itinerary until I discovered that I can't connect my flight from Dubrovnik to London/ London to SF without spending the night, and everyone doesn't want t be gone for too long.

Do I take out Korcula? Is it worth it to go for just one night? Is it worth it for just a day trip? Anyone see something else I can cut out?

Thanks!

Posted by
169 posts

At the moment - it is June 29th. Is this do-able?

Should I just skip Istria all together? I hate to do that - we found a great B&B and I love the countryside. We weren't even going to go to Istria, but I found a flight to Pula that is very inexpensive. Or do I just skip Korcla? Is it worth all the travel for Korcula for just one night?

Right now it's San Francisco to London, stay 2 days in London with friends then on to Pula. Then leave from Dubrovnik to London and spend the night in London to get back to SF.

I just found a flight on Norwegian Air from Oakland to Pula, and then from Dubrovnik to Oakland, and we can skp London all together. But I also don't hear great things about Norwegian Air, and that would require about an 1 or so drive to the B&B straight from the uncomfortable flight. Plus we miss London all together, which also might be ok. I am really trying to buy tickets now because the costs keep rising -there are 5 of us

Thanks!

Posted by
151 posts

Do not skip Istria, you would regret if you do. You can take catamaran to Zadar and bus to Split on 29/6 but for near same price you can fly Pula to Split in less than an hour with Croatia Airlines.

Posted by
169 posts

Thanks! I will look into that.

Any thoughts on Korcula? Yes/No? Any other parts of the schedule?

Posted by
151 posts

Your schedule would be a little rushed for me but we all have our own pace. Take a day off Korčula, I would have no problem with visiting for one day/night if travel times are suitable.

Posted by
169 posts

We actually ended up booking a flight directly to Pula and skipping London. We will then add a day to the Istria area for more time in Croatia and to slow things down a bit. Thanks!

Posted by
151 posts

You are very welcome! There are knowledgable people on here, so come back if you need more information.