Please sign in to post.

Ferry from Italy to Croatia

I am going to be in the Bari Italy region and have to get to Split to catch a small ship cruise. I have read about the ferry Bari to Dubrovnik and then I can bus to Split. Is there anouther ferry that goes direct to Split. In April 2019.

Posted by
5687 posts

Check for a ferry from Ancona, Italy to Split. Came up in my research but I've never taken it. Not sure about the schedule in April. But it might be easier/quicker to take a train to Ancona (not sure, haven't looked into it) vs a bus from Dubrovnik to Split. The direct buses in Croatia work great, but some of us just aren't big fans of long bus rides.

Posted by
16893 posts

Ancona-Split ferries are currently operated by Jadrolinija and SNAV, but together, they don't add up to daily service in the off-season. In September-October, for instance, they run about 4 days/week. www.aferry.com

You can also fly from Rome to Split, or from Bari with a connection in Rome. www.skyscanner.com

Posted by
5 posts

Thx all. Your comments have been helpful. I think it is going to be ferry Bari to Dubrovnik then bus to Split. One day early so no rush to catch our small cruise ship adventure, and then an extra day in Split to poke around. I have been to Split once before but it was too short. Looking fwd to my Croatia time.