Please sign in to post.

Ferry Dubrovnik to Hvar (Stari Grad) June 2017

My husband and I ( both in our 60's) will be travelling from Dubrovnik to Hvar (Stari Grad) on Fri 16th June.

It seems the only ferry is the Krilo catamaran but that only goes to Hvar Town and arrives at 19.30.
I guess we will need to then take the bus to Stari Grad but the online timetable says there is one at 19.15 and then only another at about 21.30. (And that is Very late to be arriving in Stari Grad after 10 pm and trying to find our accommodation that I have booked, in the Old Town)!
Can someone offer us a solution - or must we take the bus (Dubrovnik - Split) and then get the ferry to Stari Grad from Split?
Thanks so much for any advice!

Posted by
4381 posts

I would double check the bus schedule--because in my experience they often somewhat match up with ferry/catamaran arrivals. Regardless, a taxi from Stari Grad to Hvar should not be prohibitively expensive.
You are correct the alternative is the four hour bus to Split and the direct ferry to Stari Grad (jadrolinija).

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks so much! We would prefer to take this High speed Ferry rather than a long (boring) bus trip and then a ferry - so I think we will just go for this and hope for the best!

Posted by
4381 posts

I'm the opposite, as I get cabin fever on catamarans, but I understand the choice. Enjoy!