Please sign in to post.

Dubrovnik day trip

Hi everyone!

My husband and I will be in Dubrovnik on September 2018. We have assigned Friday September 11 for a day trip to Korkula. We do not have a car so we will be relying on taxis, buses, etc. I would like to go on a ferry to Korkula.
We do not want to take a day tour but prefer to go by ourselves so that we can explore at our own pace.

Any suggestions on how to do this day trip are much appreciated.

Elvy

Posted by
4363 posts

The public catamarans, operated by Krilo, depart Dubrovnik at 4pm in September, so that does not allow for a day trip. You would need to book through a private agency or rent a car (and it is pretty far for a day trip, as I know the bus takes four hours).
You could try asking around at the various tourist offices to see which tour gives you the most freedom.

Posted by
23 posts

Thank you so much! I had no idea of the distance between places.

I made a mistake about the date. The date we have assigned is *Friday June 1.*

I am considering visiting Kolocep instead. Can I go there by ferry from Dubronik? ( again, not a tour.) Is visiting Kolocep worth a day?

Thank you in anticipation for your response,

Elvy

Posted by
4363 posts

You could double check the June schedules on the Krilo website.
I have not visited the Elafiti islands, but I believe Jadrolinija is the operator whose schedule you would want. There are also private tours offered at most tourist offices.

Posted by
23 posts

I am now considering visiting Kolocep instead of Korkula because it seems a lot closer to Dubrovnik.. Can I go there by ferry from Dubronik?

Is visiting Kolocep worth a day? it looks really pretty online.

Thank you so much in advance.

Elvy

Posted by
23 posts

Hi!
i'm getting closer to understanding the details of this day trip. thanks co much for your help.

i saw in the Jadrolinija schedule that there are stops starting in Dubrovnik and to Kolocept , Sipon and Lopud. Is it doable to visit all three places and be back to Dubrovnic in the same day? Or is it too much? I could visit Kolocpt and Lopud and skip Sipan which seems to be less interesting.

I really appreciate any comments .

Elvy