Please sign in to post.

Driver for Zagreb - May 2020

Just throwing out this question - 3 couples traveling to Zagreb early May 2020, and want to spend a few days in and around there plus head to Rijeka for a day - Is there a driver with vehicle who could accommodate 3 couples for 3 days or so - to transport us around? Looking for ease of travel, freedom, and want to save our precious time there - If so what would the cost possibly be - etc!

Thanks in advance!

Posted by
107 posts

Why not rent a car yourself? My wife and I did to visit Plitviče. Croatia was very easy to drive in. You don't need a car in Zagreb.

Posted by
4375 posts

You'll need a van. I have found tourist offices throughout Croatia very helpful--they may have a list of drivers with the appropriate size car.
Be sure to check bus/train schedules though. You can walk/use transit in the city, so add more details if you have them.

Posted by
15 posts

Thank you! We'd need to rent a Van for 6 people and right now the Van Rental places will charge the rental cost and hold a substantial amount of money (almost the cost of a Van) on your Credit Card until the return of said Van. I understand it's easy drive in Croatia and that we don't need a car in Zagreb but wanted to take small trips out of Zagreb daily. And again since we are only there a short time - we want ease and freedom. "Hey look at that - let's stop there!" etc. :)

Posted by
15 posts

Thank you! I will contact them! Looks like something that is doable then!

Posted by
26 posts

As EdTravels already said, Croatia is very easy to drive in. If you are planning to do a day trip to Plitvice or Ljubljana it is very easy to get around. Northern Croatia, castles and other off the beaten path sites not so much.

Check some ideas for day trips from Zagreb here. This option gives you a private driver/guide and all costs covered and can be a good way to visit some places you certainly wouldn't find or know about on your own.

May is probably the best time to visit Zagreb - have a great time!