We (2 adults and 2 kids of 7 and 11) will be in Croatis in july. We are really thorn between going or not to Plitvice. iT seems nice but from waht we read it can be hellish in july.
We will come from Istria (Pazin) so more or less 3 hours road and after Plitvice we are heading to Zagreb. We have 2 plans (well 3 if we add not going !)
1) Leave Pazin, stop for lunch in route and arrive for 4 pm. Visit Plitvice until 8 pm (closing time), sleep somewhere not too far and head for Zagreb next morning.
- : Less expensive from 4 pm, Would alows us to have a day and a half in Zagreb (we stay 2 nights there)
- : Only 4 hours in plitvice (maybe it's enough)
2) Leave pazin, take the whole day to travel To plitvice, go to our lodgieng and get to bes early. Wake up early and head to the park before 8 am. After the park go to Zagreb for 2 nights.
- : give us the whole day to visit the park -: More expensive, have to be there early, lot of people, less time for Zagreb
What would you do ?